The Jollof Master


My best experience was with Tope. 

So my handler sent his profile to me, and it was excitement at first sight. One of his pictures she sent was of him posing with a giant pot of jollof rice. And let me tell you, that jollof looked GLORIOUS.

 Golden, with a hint of red pepper peeking through. My stomach rumbled louder than Fela drumming at a Lagos party.

I mean it was a bit funny and i asked why she included that picture of him with the pot of jollof rice, and she said he insisted that that picture be sent and he often referred to himself as the "Jollof Master".

 I thought it was hilarious, his personality felt so  cheerful even before i met him and i just had to meet him, so we got matched.


We chatted for a bit, mostly about jollof rice (obviously). He always boasted about the jollof recipe his Mother gave to him. He even offered to cook for me on our first date! Now, some girls may be wary of a free meal, but the thought of that jollof and how vivid the meal prep updates he always gave me made it impossible for me to refuse.


So, the date arrived. Tope picked me up in a Grey Toyota Camry that smelled faintly of… 

well, jollof rice. We head to his apartment, and it literally felt like a restaurant. Pots and pans were somehow included in his decor and his home smelled divine, like something you could eat.

Then, the moment of truth finally came. Tope served his jollof. It looked even better than it did in the picture. We dug in, and let me tell you, it LIVED UP to the hype. 

The flavors! perfectly cooked rice, just the right amount of spice. It was pure jollof magic.

And as my stomach got bigger from stuffing myself, i felt grateful for my love of jollof that brought me this jollof king. I found my jollof king and that ended my dating streak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Egungun Guy

My Mr Not So Right