The WhatsApp Menace


Does anyone else hate how hot the sun gets from 12pm? I was off from work this particular Friday afternoon and i decided to check for some profiles on nirvanae. I just kept scrolling through a lot of hot profiles wondering why no one had accepted my requests yet. Well, the picture i used wasn't really flattering, i kept saying i would change it, but who actaullly  has the time to take pictures?

Then all of a sudden i found this profile of Sarah, her profile picture was of her in an art gallery wearing a mustard yellow gown, heels and the biggest smile 

She looked happy and mischievous, just like my type.

I quickly sent a request and i guess the gods knew i needed a win because she accepted me shortly.


Our first conversations had a lot of energy, we laughed a lot, cracked jokes, talked about our favorite restaurants in town. And did i mention she was into Football? My dream girl truely. I felt a connection i had not felt since my university days. But then, the switch flipped. Once we moved to WhatsApp, the messages became irregular, and we started using emojis instead of words. Am i the only one that has noticed the quality of some relationships just tanks when you  move them to whatsapp?  Sarah's replies became short, and soon it was radio silence. 

It was sad but i took my L gracefully.


Some Weeks later, i attended this friend's party, but unfortunately i didn't know anyone there, so my bottle of beer was the only thing keeping me company when i suddenly  heard a familiar voice yell my name, it was Sarah, a pleasant surprise, she still looked just as beautiful. We talked and laughed a lot and the energy of meeting in person was even better. 

I clearly should have asked to meet her earlier. We spent the rest of the evening talking and apparently we both shared a love for highlife music, who knew?  I didnt want to lose my chance again  so i asked if she would like to go out on date with me and she said yes. 

That one date turned into more dates, more jokes and many more shared experiences.

 I guess one good date  can turn a digital disappointment into a real-life happily ever after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Egungun Guy

The Storm Bringer